Hello and welcome back to this blog series in which I share my five favorite products in various makeup categories. So far, I have discussed my favorite foundations so if you missed that one, click here to see it. Now, I’m going to continue the discussion by writing about my top five favorite highlighters. Sound like a plan? Ok then… let’s start!
First of all, for those of you who are not familiar with highlighters, they are the makeup products that bring light to the face and draw attention to the areas we accentuate. They give radiance and can really take the whole makeup look to perfection. Highlighters are typically applied to the top of the cheekbone, center of the nose, cupid’s bow and any other area that you want give an extra glow. I love highlighters because they make me look fresh and give the professional touch that I desire.
As a self-proclaimed makeup addict, I naturally have a ton of highlighters in my collection… about 40 different shades. So how could I possibly pick the top five? It was very hard, but I looked at qualities such as longevity, pigmentation and compatibility with my skin color.
So without further ado, here are my five favorite highlighters…
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in “Riviera” – unique coloration.
- The Balm Cosmetics Highlighter in “Betty-Lou Manizer” – sun-kissed bronzy glow
- BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector in “Opal” – rich pigmentation
- Bobbi Brown Beach Shimmer Powder in “Bikini Bronze” – subtle and smells like Beach
- Marc Jacobs Glowstick in “Spotlight” – intense and long-lasting
Thanks for reading! What are your favorite highlighters?