Hello everyone! Some of you may know that I happen to LOVE makeup and have a pretty big cosmetics collection. While I’m not an official makeup artist, I do consider myself an expert on the topic. I share quite a bit about my makeup passion on my pink2paris YouTube channel and thought it would be a good idea to share some of my collection here too.
Today, I would like to begin with the basics, and to me, that means foundations. I love the way they can transform every skin type, texture and tone. There is a formula for everyone and a coverage level that’s best for individual preferences. There’s so much variety and I love it!
So I have over 15 foundations in my current collection. As of this moment, I would consider the following my top five favorites…
- Lock-It Foundation by Kat Von D – This is a great full-coverage foundation that is really thick and creamy. It takes a while to set giving you more time to blend it to a flawless finish. I am in the color “Deep 71” in this makeup and love to wear it when I have a bit of a tan.
- Tient Idole Ultra 24H Makeup by Lancôme – This foundation is superb! It is a brilliant formula that feels great on the skin, gives a full matte finish and lasts forever. I am in the color “460 Suede (W)” and love to wear this when I am going to have a very long day because it stays put and keeps me looking fresh.
- Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation by L’Oreal – This is my probably my favorite of all of them… and it’s from the drugstore! L’Oreal must have had me in mind when they created this stuff. It has the perfect full, matte coverage that I love. The shade “111 Soft Sable” is perfect for me and it’s another one that lasts ALL day.
- Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup by Estée Lauder – I must admit that I bought this one because of all the hype it received on social media. Now I must report that the hype is REAL, guys. This foundation is fabulous!! I wear the shade “5N1 Rich Ginger” and still can’t believe how flawless this makes me look.
- Colorstay Makeup by Revlon – This one is the newest in my collection but it is already impressing me each time that I wear it. It’s another drugstore gem and gives me a natural skin-like finish that is neither too matte nor too dewy. It’s full coverage and even has SPF 20. This one in the color “Caramel” is definitely going to be a summer fave!
* For reference, I wear shade NC50 in MAC Cosmetics.